Pasta salad always reminds me of summer. Every BBQ, every picnic, every pot-luck - it just isn’t right without some sort of pasta salad.
Tuna pasta salad is one of my favorites. It’s fast and easy to throw together, and is always a crowd-pleaser. This is my favorite recipe.
Start by boiling your pasta to al-dente. I prefer to use small shells or macaroni, but you can use almost any kind of small pasta. Just pick your favorite.
While the pasta is boiling, mix together your sauce.
Mix the tuna, onion, mayo, mustard, garlic powder, salt, pepper, seasoning salt, onion powder, and pickles in a bowl.
When the pasta is done, rinse under cold water until cooled completely. Drain well, and toss with the sauce mixture.
Next, add in your frozen peas and shredded cheddar. Adding the peas in while still frozen helps chill the whole dish, and can help keep it cooler for transporting. The dish will be ready to eat in 20 minutes.
Tuna Pasta Salad
No summer get-together is complete without pasta salad and this one is a favorite…
● 2 cups pasta
● 1 cup mayo
● 2 TBSP mustard
● 3-4 TBSP onion, finely diced
● 1 tsp. garlic
● 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
● 1 tsp. parsley
● 1/4 tsp. onion powder
● 1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
● dash of pepper
● 1 cup peas, frozen
● 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
● 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
● 1/2 cup hard boiled egg, diced (optional)
1. Boil noodles until al dente. Drain and rinse in cold water.
2. Mix together the mayo, mustard, onion, garlic, garlic salt, parsley, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined.
3. Mix the noodles and sauce together, then add frozen peas, cheese, and pickles. Stir and enjoy!